- While learning to walk, chiropractic care can improve balance as well as correct spinal malfunction produced by falling.
- Contact sports or repeated activities can interfere with proper growth during the developmental years.
- Regular spinal checkups are particularly beneficial in the early stages of establishing the spinal curve and developing head support.
- Many spinal problems seen in adults begin in childhood.
- Chiropractic care can benefit the developing baby and help reduce the complications of labor.
Many new born health complaints can be traced back to the stress that is put upon the spine during the birthing process. Unexplained crying, breathing problems, colic, poor appetite, and even some environmental sensitivities can be caused by nervous system dysfunction from an improperly developing spine. Milestones such as head support, crawling, and baby’s first steps should be followed by chiropractic checkups to help prevent deformities later in life. The bumps and falls during this period of rapid growth can lead to a higher risk of scoliosis, “growing pains,” and a weakened immune response. Pregnant women benefit from regular chiropractic care as their center of gravity changes, which also changes the stress to the spine. Chiropractic care helps to relieve discomfort, and normalize nervous system function which is a great benefit to both mother and child.